Since its beginnings, Simplon.co has been committed to people far removed from employment, especially young people between the ages of 16 and 24 with neither employment nor training, or NEETs (Not in Employment neither in Education or Training) according to the European acronym.
Thanks to the economic model of our trainings, which are free for trainees, they can benefit from pre-qualification, remobilization, and orientation programs that can be a gateway to qualifying training courses in the programming sector.
Who are the NEETs ?
- Young people without employment, education or training
- 16.6% of French youth
- 3 times more likely to be unemployed
Source : OECD 2016 figures
What profiles are in our trainings?
- Young people who have dropped out of school
- Misguided young people
- Young people in precarious employment
A pre-qualification training to discover the digital sector…
Thanks to the support of Caisse des Dépôts as part of the CAPPRIO Future Investments Program, we are able to offer a prequalification, remobilization, and referral program to young NEETs between the ages of 16 and 24 who live in the Priority Neighborhoods of the City’s Policy. As part of this training, trainees will:
- acquire basic knowledge in technology and digital culture,
- develop their transversal skills,
- discover digital professions,
- prepare a skills training project in the digital sector.
Thanks to the support of Caisse des Dépôts, as well as the Bank of America Foundation and the Societe Generale Foundation, this program has already been offered four times in Ile-de-France between 2016 and 2017 and has enabled young people (aged 20 on average) to continue training in the digital sector.